QUANTEGO is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data. We do care about your privacy and we have set up all necessary measures to safeguard your data in our systems. We respect your privacy and are committed to protect the personally identifiable information you may provide us with while using our websites https://www.quantego.com and all subdomains (hereinafter each and together “Website”) and the services provided on the Website (hereinafter “Services”).
1. Processed data categories, legal bases, and purposes of the processing
In the course of your visit of our Website or the use of our Services, we may collect and process the following personal information:
The date and the time of your visit of the Website, the address of the pages visited on the Website (URL), your IP address, name and version of your web browser, the webpage (URL) you have visited before you accessed the Website, certain cookies (see section 3 below), your login data and the information that you provide to us when making an inquiry on the Website, filling out a form, and/or signing up for and using our Services (e.g., your name, organization, organizational affiliation, address, telephone number, email address, proof of affiliation, and message).
We collect this information from you automatically when you visit the Website or if you provide it to us via the Website (e.g., by using our chat bot, by completing a contact or download form or by signing up for our trial license, academic license or newsletter) or by signing up for and using our Services.
We do not collect any sensitive data about you.
You are under no obligation to provide us with the information we ask you for. However, if you do not provide your information, you may not be able to make use of all the functions of the Website and we may not be able to provide you with our Services. Should the provision of your information be mandatory by law, we will inform you separately thereof.
We will process the information set out above for the purposes of providing our Services, making the Website and your user account available to you, to administer the user account, to further optimize and develop the Website, to recognize, prevent and investigate attacks of the Website, to analyze the usage of the Website, to generate Website access statistics, to analyze and forecast customer demand, to provide our blog and news service, to allow you to make inquiries using the Website and to enable us to answer any of these inquiries.
Your data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties. For third-party data processors see section 2.The legal basis of the processing of your personal information is:
- our prevailing legitimate interest to achieve the purposes identified above (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR);
- the performance of your agreement with us about the use of our Services (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- a legal obligation we must comply with (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR); and
- where you have given us your consent, your consent (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR).
We will also process the personal data set out above for the purpose of communicating with you, either directly or through one of our third-party provider tools, for marketing purposes via emails, notifications, newsletters, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to send you promotional material (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR). You have the absolute right to opt-out of the use of your personal data for this purpose. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please inform us.
We do not use automated individual decision-making that would produce legal effects for you or would similarly significantly affect you.
2. Transfer of your personal information / Use of third-party provider tools
To provide and continuously improve our services, we are using the services of the following third-party providers which may also process personal data. These third-party providers have been selected diligently and in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
Some of the third-party providers may be located in or process personal information outside of your country. The level of data protection in another country may not be equivalent to that in your country. However, we only transfer your personal information to countries where the EU Commission has decided that they have an adequate level of data protection, or we take measures to ensure that all recipients provide an adequate level of data protection. We do this for example by entering into appropriate data transfer agreements based on Standard Contractual Clauses (2010/87/EC and/or 2004/915/EC). These are accessible upon request (see the contact details in point 9).
On this website we are using HubSpot for different purposes. HubSpot is a software company from the USA with a branch office in Ireland. Contact: HubSpot, 2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland, Telephone: +353 1 5187500.
HubSpot is an integrated software solution that we use to cover different aspects of our customer relationship management and online marketing. This includes, among others:
Website hosting and CMS, contact management (e.g., user segmentation & CRM), landing pages, forms, email marketing, social media publishing and reporting.
More information about HubSpot regarding the EU-Data Protection Regulations can be found here.
More Information about HubSpots Cookies can be found here and here.
As part of the optimization of our marketing activities, HubSpot may collect and process the following data:
- Geographical position
- Browser type
- Navigation information
- Reference URL
- Performance data
- Information about how often the application is used
- Mobile apps data
- HubSpot subscription service credentials
- Files that are displayed on site
- Domain names
- Viewed pages
- Aggregated use
- Version of the operating system
- Internet service provider
- IP address
- Device identification
- Duration of the visit
- Where the application was downloaded from
- Operating system
- Events that occur within the application
- Access times
- Clickstream data
- Device model and version
The legal basis of the processing is your consent according to Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR. If you do not want HubSpot to collect and process the aforementioned data, you can refuse your consent or withdraw it at any time with effect for the future.
The data will be stored for as long as it is necessary for the purpose of the procession. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for the processing purposes.
Data may be transferred to the USA as part of processing by HubSpot. The security of the transmission is ensured by so-called standard contractual clauses, which guarantee that the processing of personal data is subject to a security level that corresponds to that of the GDPR. If the standard contractual clauses are not sufficient to establish an adequate level of security, Art. 49 (1)(a) GDPR can serve as a legal basis.
b. Social Media
We have integrated functions of the social media platforms Twitter and LinkedIn into the Website.
These functions are provided by:
We use “cookies” to improve the functionality of the Website. Cookies are small text files that may be installed on your end device when you visit a website. Cookies are generally used to provide website visitors with additional functionality within the website. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other information on your end user device.
- are going to be deleted again when you close your browser (session cookies),
- remain stored on your end user device even after you close your browser (permanent cookies),
- originate from us (first party cookies) or from third parties (third party cookies).
- Through the cookies we use, we process information on the following legal bases:
- We use all other cookies on the basis of your consent (Article 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation).
In order to withdraw your consent or to restrict it to certain cookies, you have inter alia the following options:
- Use the settings of your browser. Details can be found in the help function of your browser.
- At http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices you can have the system analyze which cookies are used by you and deactivate them individually or in their entirety. This is an offer from the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Opt-out of cookies by adjusting your cookie preferences on this website via the Cookies link at the bottom of each of our webpages.
Withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before your withdrawal. Please note that the functionality of the Website may be impaired if you withdraw or restrict your consent.
Details about the cookies we use are provided in the Cookies link at the bottom of each of our webpages and in section 2 b. on Social Media above.
4. Retention period
Your personal information will only be kept for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes set out in section 1 above.
We will, in any case, retain your personal information for as long as (i) required under statutory retention obligations or (ii) potential legal claims, where personal information is needed to raise or defend against the claim, are not yet time-barred.
We are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting the personal information we are provided with. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is totally secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
6. Other websites
8. Your rights as a data subject
Under applicable law, you have the right to (under the conditions set out in applicable law):
to obtain confirmation as to whether and what kind of personal information we store about you and to request copies of such information;
- to request rectification and erasure of your personal information;
- request us to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- object to the processing of your personal information;
- withdraw any consent previously granted for the processing (withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before your withdrawal);
- request data portability; and
- lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
9. Contact us
Please use our contact form or address your requests or questions concerning the processing of your personal information to:
Or write to us:
Quantego S.à r.l.
26 rue des Genêts
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Last updated: May 17, 2023